Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- Two full days and one half day out on kayaks, witnessing the astonishing natural features of Nahuel Huapi
- Explore the Mascardi Lake and Manso River, observing the abundant flora
- Paddle the crystal clear waters of Lake Nahuel Huapi; passing through waterfalls with the backdrop of Mount Tronador
- Time to enjoy the surroundings at your own leisure after day one of kayaking
- Homemade meals provided and tents supplied for your two night's camping
Day 1: Exploring Mascardi Lake and Llum Lagoon
An introductory meeting will take place the day before the adventure begins, where you will have the opportunity to check your equipment and meet your guides.
You will also have a safety talk and briefly recap the itinerary on the morning of day one, then be picked up from your lodging in Bariloche at 0900. You'll transfer to the starting point at Mascardi Lake (30 minute drive from Bariloche city).
The route will initially see you kayak along the northeastern sound of the Mascardi Lake. Among the highlights of its lush shoreline are its oak trees and abundance of smaller species. After a few more hours paddling you'll arrive at Windless Bay where the first night of camping will be spent.
From the bay, a trek towards the Llum Lagoon is also planned. Here, the rest of the afternoon is at your leisure to relax on the lakeshore or explore the area.
Meals: Breakfast, lunch, dinner
Accommodation: Camping, Windless Bay
Day 2: The most dramatic views of Mount Tronador
After packing up your gear and enjoying a delicious homemade breakfast together, the paddling will begin towards the direction of Tronador branch. Roam around the heart-shaped Corazon Island, noticing the water become deep greenish turquoise as a result of the sediments brought by the Manso river from the Mount Tronador glaciers.
One of the local beaches makes a lovely spot to enjoy a picnic lunch, surrounded by the marvellous views of the National Park. In the afternoon, paddle further through the lake until reaching a superb bay with a breathtaking view of the Mount Tronador and its southeast slope. With these vistas, you'll spend the second night camping.
Meals: Breakfast, lunch, dinner
Day 3: Journey back to Bariloche
Head out on the kayaks once more, paddling to the mouth of the Manso River and the southwest lakeshore. The Bonete and Cresta de Gallo Mountains feature along the way, as you reach the end destination from where you will be transferred (by car) back to Bariloche.
Meals: Breakfast, lunch
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
The trip price varies depending on group size as shown below:
4+ people - USD $1,375
2-3 people - USD $2,000
- Meals: 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
- Accommodation: 2 nights camping
- Kayak guide (English speaking)
- Kayaking equipment
- Life vest, jacket, gloves and booties
- Dry bags
- Tent and group camping equipment
- Transfer from Bariloche
- Meals not indicated in itinerary
- National Park entrance free
- Any extra/optional excursions
- Sleeping bag
- Travel insurance
- Personal equipment (request our recommended kit list for more details)
- International and domestic/in country flights
- Any visa, passport and vaccination expenses