Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- Ride the route 255 along the Llanquihue Lake, views of Osorno and Calbuci Volcanoes; and visit Petrohue falls.
- Visit towns of Cascada and Puerto Fonck, take a dip in the cool lake and enjoy wonderful scenery.
- Visit the towns of Frutillar and Llanquihue on your final and longest day returning to Puerto Varas.
Day 1: Puerto Varas - Ensenada
All day biking, 65 kilometers, paved roads.
Early departure from Puerto Varas along Route 225 bordering Llanquihue Lake. The first 10 kilometers on bikeway to continue further 35 kilometers to Ensenada by the traditional route. Beautiful views of Osorno and Calbuco volcanoes. Afternoon visit to Petrohue Falls inside Vicente Perez Rosales National Park. 18 additional kilometers on bike for this round trip.
Day 2: Ensenada - Puerto Octay
Total of 58 kilometers on bike, 20 on gravel & 38 on paved roads.
Leave Ensenada towards Puerto Octay on the route bordering Llanquihue Lake. On the way we will pass the towns of Cascada and Puerto Fonck. With no doubt, this is the toughest day due to the many ups and downs during the first stretch. We'll visit beautiful beaches and will have the chance to dip in the cool waters of the lake to reload energies. The settings of this day's ride are made of old churches and German style houses, cattle farms, beautiful roads adorned by old trees.
Day 3: Puerto Octal - Puerto Varas
Total of 63 kilometers on bike, 28 gravel & 35 paved roads
This final day is also the longest. We depart toward Frutillar on a beautiful 35-kilometer paved road. Then we'll take the old 22-kilometer coastal road to Llanquihue. Finally we reach Puerto Varas biking a 6-kilometer gravel road.
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
This trip can run as a group trip, with prices starting from $250 per person for a complete group. If you are looking to join a group or you are a solo traveller we will help to form likeminded groups of travellers. Please let us know your travel plans.
The trip can also run on a private basis to fit around your plans. Departures may be tailored and can be set up on a date of your choice. Please note that there is a higher price for smaller groups. Please enquire for further details.
- 3 days Giant Mountain Bike, 27 speeds, front suspension, disc brakes.
- Rear racks and waterproof panniers.
- Repair kits & bike tolos.
- Helmet, gloves and professional first aid kit.
- All relevant info, maps and tips for the trip.
- All accommodation
- All meals
- Personal expenses and equipment
- Travel insurance
- Any visa, passport and vaccination expenses