Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- Set sail through the Llanquihue Archipelago
- Sail towards the San Rafael Glacier and take a boat excursion
- Opportunity to bathe in hot springs and a motorboat trip to the inner fjord
- Cross the Corcovdado Gulf, and return to Puerto Montt
We sail from the terminal in Puerto Montt at noon, and begin our voyage through the Llanquihue archipelago. From here you'll see the city of Calbuco and the Gulf of Ancud. We will reach Chiloe island and disembark for a visit to the market, shops, museums and cafes. In the evening, we content south through the Archipelago of Chiloe and cross the Corcovdado Gulf at around midnight.
Today we sail through the Moraleda and Ferrnoave Channels. Landing at Puerto Aguirre and spending one and a half hours in this delightful fishing village. At lunch time we sail through the Ferronave, Pilcomayo and Costa Channels and drop anchor late in the evening at Caleta Hualas or Punta Leopardos, 20 miles from the San Rafael Glacier.
We sail through the San Rafael inlet and Tempanos Channel and enter the lagoon where we drop the anchor about 2km from the glacier. Weather permitting, we'll take a Zodiac boat excursion among multicoloured ice floes in the afternoon. Then the ship sets sail and leaves for Quitralco Fjord at around 5pm.
We disembark at the Quitralco pier after breakfast, where the passengers can bathe in the hot springs in covered or open air pools with temperatures ranging from 32-38 degrees. Weather permitting, we provide motorboat excursions to the inner Fjord and then start sailing for Chiloe at around 6pm going through the Moraleda and Perez Norte channels.
We leave the Leucayec Channel with a partial view of Melinka in the Chonos archipelago; this island was a pirate hideout in the past. Crossing the Corcovado Gulf there is an opportunity to view humpback whales and blue whales or Alfaguaras. We will then sail along the eastern coast of Chiloe island, arriving at lslote Conejos located at Queilen channel. Disembarking the boats, there will be chance to see Magellanic penguins and numerous other bird species. We will then sail between Lemuy and Chelin islands. before arriving at Dalcahue and disembarking to see the town. Tonight, as we set sail for Puerto Montt, there is a farewell party, with the Captain's dinner and dance.
Disembark in Puerto Montt
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
* Note: Prices are per person. Paid in USD ($) - figure above is based on today's exchange rate. Actual cost $1600
- Guided visits and excursions with smaller craft on to shore.
- Open bar
- All meals
- Transfers between airport and ferry port available for USD $75 per passenger, round trip.
- Port taxes of USD $28 per passenger.