Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- Trek toward Laguna Toro, passing by Pliegue Tumbado
- Cross Rio Tunel using a fixed cable line, continue towards Paso del Viento
- Return to Chalten with the possibility of having a walk to Pliegue Tumbado
Day 1: El Chalten
Beginning our trip from El Chalten, you will walk toward Laguna Toro, passing by Pliegue Tumbado. This is a 6 hour trek, after that you will camp at Laguna Toro campsite (650m/a/s/l).
Length of hike: 6 hours
Meals: Picnic lunch, dinner
Day 2: Paso del Viento
30-40 minutes trekking around Laguna Toro. You will cross Rio Tunel using a fixed cable line. Continue toward Paso del Viento. On the pass (1550m/a/s/l) you can appreciate a great part of the Patagonian Ice Field; the origin of Glacier Viedma and Mariano Moreno range. Then you return using the same trail, back to Laguna Toro campsite.
Length of hike: 7-8 hour
Meals: Breakfast, picnic lunch, dinner
Day 3: Return to Chalten
Return to Chalten with the possibility of having a walk to Pliegue Tumbado.
Length of hike: 6-8 hours
Meals: Breakfast, picnic lunch
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
|Start date||Price (pp)|
* Note: Prices are per person. Paid in USD ($) - figure above is based on today's exchange rate. Actual cost $628
Price of USD $628 per person is indicative of a group of 4+ people. For 3 people, the price is $792 per person, for 2 people the price is $1,370 per person.
Departures can be set up for a group of minimum 2 people. We will try to form groups of likeminded travellers.
- Meals: 2 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 afternoon teas, 2 dinners
- Accommodation: 2 nights camping
- Mountain Guide throughout trip
- Entrance fees to private property
- Technical mountain equipment
- Group camping and cooking equipment (incl. tent, sleeping mag and mat)
- National Park permission of Tourist activities
- Meals not indicated in itinerary
- Additional porters
- Alcoholic drinks or sodas
- Personal expenses and equipment
- Travel insurance
- Any visa, passport and vaccination expenses