Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
Your guide will meet you at Trelew airport and drive you to Puerto Piramides, a small village located in Peninsula Valdes Natural Reserve. You'll stay at the Ecolodge in the village, where you'll be have a group orientation and trip introduction in the afternoon, and welcome dinner in the evening.
Days 2 - 8:
Following breakfast you'll be driven to San Jose Gulf, where you will head out onto the waters. The next seven days will be spent enjoying and exploring the magnificent coast and wildlife of this Gulf.
The paddling distances are 10/15 kms each day, providing plenty of time to observe the abundance of marine mammals throughout the journey, including highlights such as the rare Southern Right whales and playful sea lions, and varied species of marine birds. Several hikes are also scheduled, allowing you to walk alongside the species, immerse yourself in the wild environments, and uncover archaeological remains from millions of years back.
You'll refuel with tasty and nourishing local food; breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks are provided each day.
The completion of the 7 day's kayaking will be celebrated with a stay at an authentic Patagonian Estancia. A relaxed day will be spent at the sheep farm, with the opportunity to learn about the traditional sheep rearing methods, how the sheep are cared for, and the history of this activity in the area.
You'll share a homely dinner experience at the Estancia; a traditional meal accompanied by Argentinean Wine will be served by your hosts. See the evening in with stories of all you've experienced on the trip so far, spending the night at the estancia.
Meals: Breakfast, lunch, dinner
Your day will begin with a half day hike to view the Magellanic penguins and sea lions. You'll then have lunch before taking a land tour to the external coast of the Peninsula; reaching the Atlantic Ocean where you will be able to appreciate the diversity of wildlife and the impressive landscape.
You will pass key highlights such as Punta Norte, Caleta Valdes and Punta Delgada, with sights of wildlife such as the Southern Marine Elephants Seals, Southern Sea Lions Colonies, Magellanic Penguins and, if you're very lucky, Orcas.
Afterwards, return to Piramides village to spend the night at the Ecolodge. Soak up the relaxed atmosphere and enjoy unwinding with others after the day of hiking.
Meals: Breakfast, lunch
Departure day and transfer back to Trelew Airport for onward travel.
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Pricing is based on double occupancy, a single supplement is available for USD $600.
This trip can run as a group trip, with prices starting from $3,000 per person for a complete group. If you are looking to join a group or you are a solo traveller we will help to form likeminded groups of travellers. Please let us know your travel plans.
The trip can also run on a private basis to fit around your plans. Departures may be tailored and can be set up on a date of your choice. Please note that there is a higher price for smaller groups. Please enquire for further details.
- Qualified expedition guides
- Entrance fee to Peninsula Valdes Nature Reserve
- Scheduled hotel accommodations on Days 1 and 9, based on double or triple occupancy
- Day 8 - accommodation at a Patagonian Ranch (Estancia) in the hart of Peninsula where you will enjoy regional food, fine Argentinean wines and spectacular views from the Patagonian steppe.
- Entry fees to the Peninsula Valdes Nature Reserve
- All group camping and cooking gear.
- Expedition Sea Kayaks and equipment, including PFDs.
- Ground transportation as mentioned in itinerary as well as airport transfers to Puerto Madryn and/or Trelew
- All meals whilst on the kayak expedition itself
- Any additional meals not specified in itinerary (e.g. whilst at hotel accommodation and Estancia)
- Personal gear
- All items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, excess beverages e.g. mineral waters, wines and liquors, laundry, room service, insurance (see below)
- Airport transfers, transfers between airports and hotels when deviating from the appointed flights and dates of the group schedule
- Trip cancellation insurance that also covers medical issues and/or evacuation
- Staff/Guides gratuities, tips