- Kayaking with sea lions
- Marine and land bird watching.
- Daily viewing of Southern Right Whales
- Imposing landscape and magical Patagonian sunsets
Early morning we drive from Puerto Piramides to the San Jose Gulf, where our adventure begins!
With our guides instructions we will fit in our kayaks for the coming trip. He will give us a precise briefing of security technique guide lines as well as environmental regulations. We take our time for practise and filling comfortable with our kayaks, before we start. The starting point is Camp 39. We start kayaking to Punta Conos area, where we stop for a rest and lunch.
After two more hours of paddling we'll stop to set up our first camp, where we will be able to enjoy a wonderful sunset and a delicious dinner. In this area is possible to observe whales from our kayaks and from the shore.
L-DS-D, The total paddling distance for this day is 10 kilometers aprox.
After breakfast we break up camp, and get on our kayaks to go to fracasso bay area. Here is where the spanish fort was, we will see some of the remains. After stop for lunch on a beach, we follow some cliff to enchanted bay where we set up camp, after to stretch our legs we hike up a cliff to have a panoramic view of Golfo San Jose. This area is one of the best to see whales close to the shore.
B-L-DS-D, The paddling distance for this day is 15 kilometres aprox.
After breakfast and breaking up camp we start our last lap to Villarino Beach, passing a Southern Sea Lion colony, where the sea lions have no problem in diving into the water to come and greet us. In the afternoon we will be met by a vehicle to take us back to Puerto Piramides.
B-L-DS Distance covered 10 kilometers aprox.
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
This trip can run as a group trip, with prices starting from $980 per person for a complete group. If you are looking to join a group or you are a solo traveller we will help to form likeminded groups of travellers. Please let us know your travel plans.
The trip can also run on a private basis to fit around your plans. Departures may be tailored and can be set up on a date of your choice. Please note that there is a higher price for smaller groups. Please enquire for further details.
- Qualified expedition guides
- Entrance fee to Peninsula Valdes Nature Reserve
- All group camping and cooking gear; all group equipment, kayaks, paddles, etc.
- Ground transportation as mentioned in itinerary.
- All meals whilst on the kayak expedition itself
- Any additional meals not specified in itinerary (e.g. whilst at hotel accommodation)
- Personal gear
- Hotel accommodation before and after the kayak expedition
- All items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, excess beverages e.g. mineral waters, wines and liquors, laundry, room service, insurance (see below)
- Trip cancellation insurance that also covers medical issues and/or evacuation
- Staff/Guides gratuities, tips