Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- Trek through ancient forests full of lichens, ferns, fungus and mesmerising trees, in the company of many inquisitive birds
- Arrive at stunning views of the entire river valley, the steep granite walls, and the Osarno and Puntiagudo volcanoes
- Make several river crossings of the fast flowing Rio Sin Nombre, surrounded by canyons, waterfalls and hot springs – which you can swim in
- Wake up next to the Laguna Quetros, a large turquoise lake which is another great swimming spot
- Stay in the farm houses of local families who have lived in the valley for over 100 years
Day 1: Hike to the hot springs
Hike details: 10.5 km, plus 4 km to hot springs
Trek for 4-5 hours as you explore open fields and native forests, pass farm houses and enjoy frequent river views. You'll walk gradually uphill for most of the day, then upon arrival at the refugio you'll walk for 30 minutes to get to the hot springs - where you can have a refreshing, incredibly scenic swim in the river.
Accommodation: Refugio El Callao
Meals: Lunch, dinner
Day 2: Hike to Laguna Los Quetros
Hike details: 12.6 km, 506 m ascent
The route today will take you from El Callao to Laguna Los Quetros. The majority of the hike is through thick, beautiful forest with the river running below. Reach the Laguna Quetros, another stunning swimming spot with big open pasture and privileged views of Cerro Borracho.
Accommodation: Refugio Laguna Quetros
Meals: Breakfast, lunch, dinner
Day 3: Casablanca Volcano and final descent
Hike details: 7.5 km, 570m ascent
The final days trek begins with an uphill walk through forest, before you pop out of the valley where you can then see the wall of mountains beyond - Casablanca Volcano.
You'll complete your final descent through farm areas, to leave the National Park.
Meals: Breakfast, lunch
An extra day can be added between days 2 and 3, in which you can summit the Cerro Cenizas (1,668 mtrs) part of the Puntiagudo peak. Please let us know if you'd like to arrange this.
What our customers think
This trip eclipsed the majesty of the Torres Del Paine. The highlight was undoubtedly our stay overnight at Los Condores and the Puntiagudo trek. The hosts were great and we thought their farm was a very special/unique place to stay. The trek was made even more memorable because of our guide. All the locals we met were also delightful.
Paddy Fox United Kingdom February 2019
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
The trip price varies depending on group size as shown below:
6 people - USD $720 per person
4-5 people - USD $755 per person
3 people - USD $795 per person
2 people - USD $1,000 per person
|Start date||Price (pp)|
* Note: Prices are per person. Paid in USD ($) - figure above is based on today's exchange rate. Actual cost $1,000
Departures can be set up on a date of your choice for a minimum of 2 people.
- Meals: 2 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
- Accommodation: 2 nights at family lodgings
- Private transportation as indicated in itinerary
- Local expert guide
- Meals not indicated in itinerary
- Any additional excursions
- Personal expenses and equipment
- Travel insurance
- Any visa, passport and vaccination expenses