Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- Enjoy a half day private guided tour of Santiago, experiencing the city's diverse highlights
- Visit historic Santa Lucia Hill in Barrio Bella Vista, it was on this hill that the city was founded in 1541
- Visit the famous Casablanca Valley, renowned for it's Chardonnays and Sauvignon Blancs but also producing some lovely Pinot Noirs
- Travel through the lush Curacavi valley, known for it's fruit farming and delightful restaurants
- Head to Valparaiso, the oldest and most important port of Chile, spend time walking through the city's winding streets
Day 1: Arrival to Santiago & Sensations city tour
Upon arrival in Santiago, a private transfer and guide will be waiting for you at the airport to drive you to your hotel.
After a leisurely check-in you will enjoy a half day private guided tour of Santiago, experiencing the city's diverse highlights with all your senses.
Visit historic Santa Lucia Hill, in Barrio Bella Vista. Consisting of parkland, rising 69 metres above the surrounding areas and now adorned with ornate facades, stairways and fountains, it was on this hill that the city was founded in 1541.
Continue to the Paris-Londres neighbourhood, home to some of the most impressive colonial architecture before slowing down to briefly unwind with the locals and take in a curiosity unique to Santiago as you take coffee at one of the notorious and racy "cafe con piernas".
From there, you pass through some of the most interesting streets of the city, filled with history from the different waves of immigrants in this ethnically diverse city. Then wander around the art nouveau Mercado Central (Central Market), considered by National Geographic as one of the top ten food markets in the world and known for both its cuisine and exotic fish stores. You will also visit the Vega Chica Market boasting some of the best flavours, scents and colours of this metropolis where you will try a traditional Chilean drink, the Cola de Mono.
The penultimate highlight is a walk through a renowned flower market filled with colourful displays and beautiful scents before ending your tour by exploring the lovely Lastarria Neighbourhood.
Excursion: Half day private guided tour
Accommodation: Hotel, Santiago
Day 2: Santiago - Casablanca Valley & Valparaiso
Today includes an exciting journey to Valparaiso, via wine tasting in the famous Casablanca Valley, renowned for its Chardonnays and Sauvignon Blancs, but also producing some lovely Pinot Noirs. First of all, In the morning, you will travel through lush Curacavi valley, known for its fruit farming and delightful restaurants offering traditional Chilean food. Continue into Casablanca Valley, about 80 kilometres West of Santiago, where a winemaking revolution has positioned Casablanca as one of Chile's most important wine making regions for the production of premium white wine. You will enjoy a tour and wine tasting at the Casas del Bosque vineyard.
After your wine experience you will drive on to Valparaiso, the oldest and most important port of Chile. Valparaiso's picturesque layout is enhanced by the surrounding hills that seem to dive into the ocean. Spend time with your guide walking through the city's winding streets and enjoying what once was the most important maritime destination of the Pacific coast.
Excursion: Full day private guided tour
Accommodation: Hotel, Valparaiso
Day 3: Valparaiso & Vina Del Mar
Day at leisure in Valparaiso.
Accommodation: Hotel, Valparaiso
Day 4: Departure
You will be transferred to the Santiago Airport for your departure flight.
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
The price based on Standard hotels is $801 per person
The price based on Superior hotels is $1153 per person
The price based on Luxury hotels is $1167 per person
Prices valid until 30/4/2018
- 3 nights accommodation
- Meals stated
- Private airport transfers
- Half day private guided Santiago city tour
- Full day private guided transfer to Valparaiso, wine tour in Casablanca Valley and Valparaiso walking familiarisation
- Meals not indicated in itinerary
- Personal expenses and equipment
- Travel insurance
- Any visa, passport and vaccination expenses