Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- Visit the beach of El Doradillo where the mighty southern right whales gather on the waters of this bay
- Stop at the only inhabited village, Puerto Piramides, for your whale watching boat ride
- Continue to the interior of this incredible place to see elephant seals and many other species of mammals
Day 1: Arrival in Trelew
Arrive at Trelew airport and transfer to your hotel in Puerto Madryn. Depending on the time of your arrival and the tides, there may be chance to make a first attempt at seeing southern right whales from the coast (best from June to end of September).
Accommodation: Hotel Peninsula Valdes or Hotel Dazzler, Puerto Madryn
Day 2: Whale watching trip
Stop in at El Doradillo beach and then continue on to Puerto Piramides to embark on a whale watching boat ride. Take your place on the Yellow Submarine where you can see whales from underwater as well as from the surface. Continue to the east coast of the peninsula to view elephant seals and other wildlife. Return to Puerto Piramides for a beautiful sunsets and check into your hotel for the night.
Day 3: Kayak excursion
In the morning take a sea kayak out for the opportunity to perhaps see more southern right whales from a distance. In the afternoon, you might see them from other observation points along the peninsula, or you might choose to enjoy a long hike on your own along the coastal cliffs, and look for whales from there.
Accommodation: Hosteria del Nomade, Puerto Piramides
Day 4: Departure
Return to Trelew airport for a flight to your next destination. If your flight is after midday we can attempt to watch whales from the coast of El Doradillo in the morning (best from June to end of September).
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Departures can be set up for a minimum of 2 people, please get in touch for details
Price of USD $1,539 is based on a group of 2-3 sharing on a double basis.
The price reduces for larger bookings, 4-6 people: USD $1,252 per person
Single Supplement And Child Policy
There is a single supplement of USD $278
- Accommodation mentioned in itinerary
- Meals mentioned in itinerary
- Peninsula Valdes entrance fee
- Meals not indicated in itinerary
- Personal expenses and equipment
- Travel insurance
- Any visa, passport and vaccination expenses