Calafate to Torres del Paine Map
Calafate to Torres del Paine: Arranging your itinerary
Whether you plan to hike self-guided, or enlist a local Chilean mountain guide, and whether you'd prefer public or private transport we can help you arrange all the logistics and accommodation from the moment you land in El Calafate airport. We have plenty of experience of helping people to adapt things according to their timings, budget and travel styles.
A typical programme that we might help arrange for someone might include:
- lunchtime arrival at the airport, private trip to visit the Perito Moreno glacier in the afternoon (avoiding the crowds)
- night in comfortable and friendly mid-range hotel in El Calafate
- early morning bus over to Torres del Paine
- self-guided W hike in Torres del Paine (with all accommodation, food, boat and road transport pre-arranged)
- return to Puerto Natales (perhaps via a 2 day kayak expedition) for an evening of good food, rest and celebration
- return journey to El Calafate for your onwards flight, or possibly a visit to Mount FitzRoy and El Chalten
If you have 10-14 days in the region and are a keen hiker then a good option might be to join one of the tours that includes the W Circuit in Torres del Paine AND 3-5 days of trekking around Mount FitzRoy in Los Glaciares National Park.
Paine & Fitz Roy Tours
Visit the two most famous trekking destinations in Patagonia - Torres del Paine and Mount Fitz Roy. In Torres del Paine, you can hike the well-known W trek or get off the beaten track into seldom visited valleys. Either way, you'll see the mile high granite towers, after which the park is named, brilliant blue lakes and stunning glaciers. Fitz Roy stands above the small town of El Chalten, in Los Glaciares National Park. From here, you can trek straight from your hotel to the best viewpoints of Fitz Roy and the neighbouring Mt. Torre, or take on a longer trek around these mountains.
We can help you combine these two incredible destinations into one tour.