Why we like this hotel
- Your personal private guide meets you at airport. They plan your itinerary with you. You can choose to do any activity and they will arrange it.
- There is an absolute focus on service at the hotel. The staff really will try to accommodate your wishes during your stay.
- Fine dining of the highest quality with waiter, bar staff, sommelier and chef all attentive and on first-name terms with you during your meals.
- The intimate walled environment is an oasis of calm and a lovely place to be, with fire pits, sun shades and many trees.
Awasi Atacama doesn't offer a set-menu of excursions for its guests. Instead you have a private guide and 4WD vehicle to explore the area however you choose.
Your guide can take you to geysers, valleys, canyons, petroglyphs, giant cacti, flamingos, foxes and so much more.
You can discuss your interests with your guide who will then plan trips to maximise your time in the Atacama and at Awasi.
Excursions from Awasi Atacama
Private guiding and touring means you don’t have to do what everyone else does. If you prefer to start the day hiking and then for your horse to be waiting for you half way through the excursion, Awasi will make it happen.
About Awasi Atacama
Awasi Atacama is located in the ancient trading town of San Pedro de Atacama.
This small lodge is nestled behind an ancient adobe wall and is made up of 12 suites, private patios, tall trees providing plenty of natural shade, an open air restaurant and a swimming pool.
It was constructed with locally supplied materials and takes inspiration from the former village of Tulor, the oldest settlement in San Pedro dating back around 2000 years.
Food & Drink
The open-air restaurant at Awasi Atacama is world-class - you will not find a better restaurant in town.
The fusion of local ingredients, with an international flair, and an ever-evolving menu is a true highlight of any stay at Awasi.
Food at Awasi Atacama
Nothing is too much to ask for. When I stayed there, a musician asked at 10pm for Awasi to find him a guitar to entertain his friends. Instead of saying, ‘No, that isn’t possible at this time of evening’, they asked him if he preferred an electric or acoustic one.
Danny Middleton Patagonia Specialist
Rooms and Pricing
Room at Awasi Atacama
Suite at Awasi Atacama
Suite at Awasi Atacama
There are two types of accommodation at Awasi Atacama:
- Round Room - 54m², with private patio and outdoor shower, plus bathroom with shower.
- Round Suite - 83m², with private patio and outdoor shower, plus bathroom with bathtub and shower, desk, chaise longue and walk-in wardrobe.
The 2022/23 high season rates per person for four nights, based on two people sharing a room are:
- Round Room - USD $4,620
- Round Suite - USD $5,885
Seasons are as follows:
- Off-Peak - May to Sep 2022
- Shoulder - Oct 2022, Mar & Apr 2023
- Peak - Nov 2022 to Feb 2023
Ready to plan your Patagonia adventure?
We'll spend some time listening to your aspirations, then discuss the kind of experience that might suit you.
Next we'll discuss the options, shortlist the best trips for you and present you our impartial recommendations.
We'll place a 24 hour hold on your preferred option - without obligation - whilst we talk through the details.
Whatever your budget, group size, length of stay, preferred activity or appetite for adventure, we can help.1-855-369-7866
Browse Patagonia Hotels by region or take a look at Swoop's top recommendations for places to stay in Patagonia.
Patagonia is a vast and varied region, with a wealth of things to see and do, a range of places to stay and a limited transport network.
Why not let us do the hard work for you? Our team of experts will work with you to design an adventure to your exact requirements, from hiking and horse-riding trips to wine-tasting tours and undiscovered lodges.
We’ll work around your budget and arrange flights, transfers and buses, to create your perfect trip.