Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- Pedal on back streets and through mountain forests, on a mixture of roads - from dirt and gravel to paved and unpaved
- Follow shoreline routes with incredible views of the Andes and piece together the striking geology of the region
- Relax in the leafy surroundings by Bonito River and stay at the foot of the vast Traful Lake
- Spend time in the picturesque lakeside town of San Martín de los Andes
- Ride in the knowledge of constant vehicle support and availability of repair/communication equipment
Day 1: Villa La Angostura
Arrival in Villa La Angostura, setting the bikes and equipment, and revision of the general plan of the trip. Welcome dinner.
Accommodation: Hosteria, Villa la Angostura
Day 2: Villa La Angostura - Villa Traful
Length of ride: 60km
Begin the ride by pedalling from the hotel, through the back streets to the area of the River and Lake Correntoso. You'll travel along Siete Lagos Route for about 30 km until finding an unpaved road that will lead you to Villa Traful. This road goes uphill to about 900 m until you reach Portezuelo, which marks around 25 km to the shoreline of Traful Lake. The whole day will be spent in the mountain forests.
Meals: Breakfast, lunch, dinner
Accommodation: Hosteria, Lago Traful
Day 3: Villa Traful - Paso Cordoba - Filo Hua Hum
Length of ride: 72 km
Start early on a curvy dirt road that will continuously alter between up and downhill riding, with slopes that won't exceed 100 m. You'll navigate along the shoreline of Traful Lake for about 25 km until reaching the confluence of the Traful and Limay Rivers.
At this point, you will join a road known as Paso del Cordoba. This unpaved road has a slight slope on the first 10 km, then it gets steeper going uphill until the first pass. Later it goes downhill and then uphill again to reach the actual place called Cordoba pass.
There, with an incredible view of the various rock formations of varying colours, the downhill stint of 12 km will begin, taking you to the Caleufu River. This is an ideal place for a stop and a snack or lunch according to the time of arrival. Later, cycle for another 10 km to the camp site.
Meals: Breakfast, lunch, dinner
Accommodation: Camping, Filo Hua Hum (with services)
Day 4: Filo Hua Hum - San Martín de los Andes
Length of ride: 54km
From the camp site, take a 15 km wide gravel road along Meliquina Lake shoreline. The first half is in the sunshine and then you'll move into the shadowy forest towards the paved road that will take you to San Martín de los Andes.
Accommodation: Hosteria, San Martín de los Andes
Day 5: Depart
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Price from USD $765 per person, based on a group of 4 people.
The price for groups of 2 is USD $1,118 per person.
The price for groups of 3 is USD $882 per person.
This trip can run as a group trip, with prices starting from $765 per person for a complete group. If you are looking to join a group or you are a solo traveller we will help to form likeminded groups of travellers. Please let us know your travel plans.
The trip can also run on a private basis to fit around your plans. Departures may be tailored and can be set up on a date of your choice. Please note that there is a higher price for smaller groups. Please enquire for further details.
Please note that there is no additional mountain bike guide accompanying this trip; the driver of the vehicle is also your guide.
This trip can be combined with our Five volcanoes trip to create an 11 day itinerary.
- Meals: 4 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners
- Accommodation: 3 nights in hotels, 1 night camping
- Full time MTB guide
- Permanent support vehicle
- Trailer for the safe transport of the bikes
- First aid kit
- Communication equipment
- Bicycle repair equipment
- Meals not indicated in itinerary
- Personal expenses and equipment
- Any extra/optional excursions
- Travel insurance
- Personal Equipment (request our recommended kit list for more details)
- Any visa, passport and vaccination expenses
- Internal and domestic/in country flights