Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- Enjoy a leisurely tour of Torres del Paine National Park and admire the Patagonian steppe with its guanacos and snow-peak mountain horizon
- Begin each day early, photographing the sunrise from distinct locations with coffee and breakfast on the go
- Head to the location of the park's most elusive animals including the Andean puma and the endangered huemul
- Enjoy six hours of wildlife observation each day, studying and photographing the park's native flora and fauna with the help of a guide
- The afternoons will be spent in the park's western sector where we enjoy the beautiful landscapes and visit landmarks such as Grey Glacier
Day 1: Arrival in Torres del Paine
From Punta Arenas airport you will be taken to the EcoCamp, where a hearty lunch will be provided in our Community Domes.
The first activity of your Patagonian adventure will then begin at midday with a leisurely tour of the National Park, giving you plenty of time to admire the Patagonian steppe with its guanacos and snow-peaked mountain horizon.
Meals: Lunch, dinner
Accommodation: EcoCamp Suite, Torres del Paine
Days 2-5: Wildlife Exploration
You will start off each day early, photographing the sunrise from distinct locations while enjoying hot coffee and breakfast on the go. Our puma/cougar tracking team, already hard at work, will be in radio contact to let us know how they're doing. Throughout the trip, they will be letting us know the location of the park's most elusive animals including the Andean puma (mountain lion) and the endangered huemul (South Andean deer) so that you can head to the sites where they are as soon as they're spotted.
You will usually begin our wildlife exploration close to EcoCamp, in the park's eastern sector, making the most of the beautiful morning light and animal activity. You'll enjoy around six hours of wildlife observation, studying and photographing the park's native flora & fauna, guided by Diego's photography tips, before heading back to EcoCamp for lunch and relaxation time.
In the afternoons, after the peak sun hours with little animal movement, you head out again, this time to the park's western sector where you'll enjoy the beautiful landscapes and flora & fauna to be found. You'll visit landmark places such as Grey Glacier and other striking natural monuments. Your guide Diego takes you through the different habitats and ecosystems in the area, introducing you to the unique and colourful wildlife of Torres del Paine and teaching you the methodology for responsible observing wildlife. After photographing the iconic Patagonian sunset over the Paine massif you'll return to camp for dinner and well-earned rest.
Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
Accommodation: EcoCamp Suite, Torres del Paine
N.B. In the event of bad weather alternative activities will be planned, for example to scenic waterfall Paine Grande or Laguna Azul.
Day 6: Farewell Torres del Paine
Your last day will begin just as all your other activity-packed days will begin: with an early, hearty breakfast served amongst your fellow wildlife lovers in the communal domes. From there, you will embark on a short day of activities before regrouping at EcoCamp for a well-deserved lunch.
You will then be taken to Punta Arenas airport, where you will arrive late in the evening.
Meals: Breakfast, lunch
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
A single supplement of CLP 393,100 applies for solo travellers not sharing accommodation.
This trip can run as a group trip, with prices starting from $5,800 per person for a complete group. If you are looking to join a group or you are a solo traveller we will help to form likeminded groups of travellers. Please let us know your travel plans.
The trip can also run on a private basis to fit around your plans. Departures may be tailored and can be set up on a date of your choice. Please note that there is a higher price for smaller groups. Please enquire for further details.
The price of CLP 3,619,100 per person is for a double suite dome for a 4 person group
The price of CLP 4,067,100 per person for a 3 person group
The price of CLP 4,704,100 per person for a 2 person group
- English speaking wildlife specialist (max group size 4 people)
- Accommodation in EcoCamp Suite Domes
- All meals indicated in the itinerary
- All ground transport indicated in the itinerary
- Park fees for Torres del Paine National Park
- Flight tickets Insurance (mandatory)
- Voluntary tipping of guides
- Soft drinks or snacks not served with meals at the eco camp
- Personal Items
- Photography equipment e.g. binoculars, camera
- Meals not indicated in itinerary
- Personal expenses and equipment
- Travel insurance
- Any visa, passport and vaccination expenses