Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- Enjoy a three hour private guided city tour of Buenos Aires, including soaking up the atmosphere at Plaza de Mayo, seeing the mythical Boca Juniors soccer stadium and walking along Caminito Street
- Experience a small group tour to the Tigre Delta, travelling from Buenos Aires via catamaran
- Visit Paseo Victoria, the Puerto de Frutos, the historical centre of San Isidro
- Finally enjoy the Argentine Experience in Buenos Aires: A unique blend of food, wine and interacting with locals
Day 1: Arrival in Buenos Aires
Transfer from the airport to your hotel and drop off your bags before enjoying your three hour private guided city tour. Soak up the atmosphere at Plaza de Mayo, the site of Argentina's most important historical events. Visit Mayo Avenue and San Telmo, the oldest residential neighbourhood in Buenos Aires. Live and feel the original Tango in the neighbourhood of La Boca: walk along Caminito Street and enjoy the dancers and souvenir shops. See the mythical Boca Juniors soccer stadium. Visit Puerto Madero and the docks, bustling with offices, bars and restaurants. Pass through the Retiro neighbourhood and move on to see Palermo and its most exclusive residential area before finally arriving at Recoleta, the final resting place of Eva "Evita" Peron and wander through the grand Recoleta Cemetery where she is to be found.
Excursion: Half day private guided tour
Accommodation: Hotel, Palermo
Day 2: Half Day Tour of Tigre and San Isidro
Enjoy a small group tour to the Tigre Delta, travelling from the heart of Buenos Aires by catamaran. You will have some of the best views of the city skyline from the River Plate, its northern areas and the channels of the Delta, whilst enjoying refreshments on board. Once in Tigre, visit Paseo Victoria, the Puerto de Frutos, the historical centre of San Isidro, the Cathedral and the Presidential Residence in Olivos, before returning to Buenos Aires.
This evening's highlight is the Argentine Experience: A unique blend of food, wine and interacting with the locals. Learn how to make traditional empanadas, dine on grilled provolet cheese with sliced chorizo sausage, warm bread and homemade chimichurri. Order steak (reputedly the best in Argentina!) in Spanish and make your own traditional mate. A convivial atmosphere and great food! Your guides throughout the evening will answer questions on Argentine cuisine and culture.
Excursion: Half day shared guided tour to Tigre / Evening guided Argentine Experience
Meals: Breakfast, dinner
Accommodation: Hotel, Palermo
Day 3: Transfer to the airport
Today you will be transferred to the airport in plenty of time for your onward flight.
What our customers think
Buenos Aires has so much to offer. It's fun to walk and walk and just explore. Fantastic restaurants. Very nice people. Fun young crowds. Wonderful parks. People love their city and get out, and it's fun to get into the Argentinian time frames of life. Tea or late afternoon snack about 5pm, then dinner at 9 or 10pm. Embrace it.
Jim Russell United States Of America December 2019
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
The price based on Standard hotels in Palermo is $568 per person
The price based on Superior hotels in Palermo is $612 per person
The price based on Luxury hotels in Palermo is $770 per person
Prices valid until 31/03/2018
- 2 nights accommodation
- Meals stated without drinks unless stated
- Airport transfers in private basis
- Excursions in small groups
- Concierge assistance 24/7 from our Buenos Aires office
- Meals not indicated in itinerary
- Personal expenses and equipment
- Travel insurance
- Any visa, passport and vaccination expenses