Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- Three days taking in Patagonia on a single track, with vehicle support throughout
- Cycle through the vast Patagonian Pampas, alongside Sierra Baguales and with Torres del Paine ahead
- Ride into Torres del Paine National Park, admiring views of the Paine Massif
- Follow the trail around Laguna Azul, coming across a remote beach
- A great trip to do before trekking in Torres del Paine, leaving you at the trailhead for the "W" trek
Day 1: Bike across pampas to an old estancia
In the morning your guide will meet you and you will drive with him towards Cerro Castillo, which is about 1 hour from Puerto Natales towards Torres del Paine. You will stop in Cerro Castillo for your last bathroom stop with a toilet for the day and if you like a quick snack, before starting to cycle. A support truck will follow you for as long as they can and you will ride down a local road that is part gravel and part farm roads that have been created by trucks driving on them over time.
The ride is mostly flat, and you will have views of the vast pampas with Sierra Baguales on one side of you and Torres del Paine ahead of you. After about 35 kilometers of cycling you will arrive at an estancia called Cerro Guido, a beautiful farm house where you will have dinner and spend the night.
Total distance: 35 km / 21 miles
Accommodation: Estancia Cerro Guido
Meals: Picnic lunch, dinner
Day 2: Bike towards Torres del Paine
Wake up to a breakfast at the estancia and then get ready to begin the ride to Torres del Paine. You will ride for approximately three hours, witnessing impressive views of Paine Massif and Sierra Baguales – some imposing mountain ranges in the park. You will also see Laguna Flamencos, a beautiful lagoon frequented by flamingos.
Eventually, you will reach a place called Laguna Azul. From here you can either continue cycling to the campground at Las Torres or jump in the support vehicle to be driven to the campground. Enjoy dinner and a good night's rest!
Total distance: 31 km / 19 miles
Accommodation: Refugio Torre Central
Meals: Breakfast, picnic lunch, dinner
Day 3: Visit Laguna Azul
Begin the day by driving back to Laguna Azul. Here, you will start the trail biking on a gravel road, then through a mixture of rocky areas and grassy patches, as well as many small hills. On a clear day, it is possible to see the famous peaks of Las Torres from specific points.
You will eat lunch along the shoreline of Laguna Azul, then continue biking around the lake, weaving in and out of forests and up and down hills. Eventually, you will reach a tranquil beach where it will be an easy cruise to the finish line. Finally, you will be driven back to Puerto Natales.
Total distance: 37 km / 22 miles
Meals: Breakfast, picnic lunch
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices shown are per person based on a group of two. The price varies depending on group size as below:
2 people – 729,000 CLP per person
3–5 people – 705,000 CLP per person
6–8 people – 632,000 CLP per person
- Meals: 2 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
- Accommodation: 1 night Estancia Cerro Guido (double-occupancy room), 1 night Refugio Torre Central (dorm room)
- 3 vehicle supported days
- 3 guided cycling days
- Bike (Giant Talon 27.5) & helmet
- All private transport included in the itinerary
- Meals not indicated in itinerary
- Drinks during lunch or dinner
- Entrance for Torres del Paine (approx. 21,000 CLP per person)
- Personal cycling gear
- Any extra/optional excursions
- Travel insurance
- Personal Equipment (request our recommended kit list for more details)
- Any visa, passport and vaccination expenses
- International and domestic/in country flights