Upon arrival in Punta Arenas airport, Puerto Natales or Cerro Castillo, you will be picked up by a hotel-exclusive transfer. (Transfers from El Calafate airport and private transfers are also available.)
- After transfer to the hotel, relax however you see fit
- Horse riding and “Cornices” afternoon trek
- Enjoy the "Scenic Salto Grande" tour in the morning before trekking from Lago Sarmiento to Laguna Amarga
- A Life & Culture excursion and first-class spa treatment
- Breakfast, possibly an excursion if time allows, before transferring to the airport
NOTE: indicative schedule - sequence of activities may change
After transferring to the hotel from the airport, you may have the chance for an afternoon stroll to explore the surrounding wilderness before relaxing in the spa and restaurant.
Start your adventure at full speed and spend the morning horse riding, like the local gauchos. Then, after lunch, set off on the Cornices half-day walk: Leaving the Hotel we will drive 30 minutes towards the Estancias area. This
hike climbs progressively along a prominent rock buttress where we will be rewarded with stunning views of the Torres del Paine, Sierra Contreras, Sierra del Toro and also the Hotel, from a 360° view point. Strong winds are frequent in this area. From here we must find our own way down since there is no defined trail. This hike is ideal for those who want to see different places outside the park boundaries and away from the crowds. At certain times of the year and depending on weather conditions this may also be a good place to spot condors.
Difficulty: medium Walk length: 2.5-3 hours Journey time: 60 mins
Morning: see the best of Torres del Paine on the “Scenic Salto Grande” tour: We will visit some of the most classic places in Torres del Paine National Park; MIrador Sarmiento from where you will appreciate the biggest lake inside the park; Laguna Amarga whose waters are four times saltier than the ocean and Mirador Nordenskjöld just in front of the Massif. We finish with a gentle 10 minute walk that will take us to the Salto Grande. We will return by van on the same road.
Difficuly: easy Walk length: 20 mins Total length: 3.5 hours
Afternoon: hike around the Lago Sarmiento area and discover centuries-old cave-paintings on the “Hunter’s Trail”: After a 30 minute drive to the Porteria Lago Sarmiento this trek gradually winds its way northwards, with the Paine Massif as a constant companion. Half way through we will visit a rocky area where there are cave paintings from the Aonikenk, hunter-gatherer native Indians that occupied this area some 6,000 years ago. It is also one of the best areas to see wildlife such as guanacos, foxes and condors. The hike ends a few meters away from Portería Laguna Amarga.
The hotel works in parternship with a local, working estancia in the Siera Contreras Mountain Range and offers Patagonian life and culture excursions for its customers. The ranch is “the hub from which 100,000 hectares of land, 50,000 head of sheep and 2,000 head of cattle are administered. Steeped in close to 100 years of
history this working Patagonian ranch shows our guests a world that is very rarely seen. A lifestyle that is at times romantic and at times unforgiving is brought to life as workers from the ranch walk us through the lives and lifestyle of the Patagonian Baqueano (Cowboy).”
Take your last evening in Patagonia to relax and enjoy the full range of spa treatments on offer whilst reflecting on your four-day adventure.
Enjoy breakfast and possibly one last spa treatment or excursion before transferring to the airport.
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Departures can be set up for a minimum of 2 people. Please get in touch for more details.
This trip can run as a group trip, with prices starting from $3,800 per person for a complete group. If you are looking to join a group or you are a solo traveller we will help to form likeminded groups of travellers. Please let us know your travel plans.
The trip can also run on a private basis to fit around your plans. Departures may be tailored and can be set up on a date of your choice. Please note that there is a higher price for smaller groups. Please enquire for further details.
Prices from USD $3,800 per person, based on 2 people sharing a standard double room in the High Season at the all-inclusive luxury hotel.
A standard single room costs USD $5,300.
Quiet Season rates (May 1–Sep 30) are available – please get in touch for more details.
- Meals: 4 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 dinners (example itinerary)
- Accommodation: 4 nights in a luxury yurt camp (example itinerary)
- Two half day excursions or one full day excursion daily in small groups with other guests (example itinerary)
- Open bar (house wines & standard liquors included; premium wines & liquors available with an additional cost)
- Torres del Paine entrance fee
- Use of pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi
- All private transport included in the itinerary
- Regular transfers at the published times are included in ALL INCLUSIVE programs of 3+ nights, to and from Punta Arenas, Puerto Natales and Cerro Castillo
- Regular transfers at published times are included in ALL INCLUSIVE programs of 4+ nights, to and from El Calafate
- Meals not indicated in itinerary
- Any extra/optional excursions
- Travel insurance
- Personal Equipment (request our recommended kit list for more details)
- International and domestic/in country flights
- Any visa, passport and vaccination expenses
- Massages, treatments and therapies at the hotel spa
- Premium wines and liquors