Why choose a luxury lodge?
The luxury lodges of Torres del Paine offer a unique combination of adventure and luxury. The quality of food, drink, lodging and facilities far surpass any of the properties in the park, and their excursions can provide variety that simply cannot be achieved on a multi-day hike based in tents or refugios. You will have the opportunity to explore some less visited areas of the park, escaping the crowds in the evenings and continuing to take in those incredible views as you relax and unwind.
Luxury Lodges of Torres del Paine
Opened in 2013, Awasi takes seclusion to another level. Stay in one of just 14 villas on their private reserve just outside the Torres del Paine National Park, with views across the Patagonian steppe and the Torres del Paine massif. Each villa comes with its own private guide and 4x4 vehicle, so you can explore at your own pace, following off-the-beaten-track hiking trails.
Tierra Patagonia is architecturally stunning; from the outside the building blends seamlessly into the landscape, from the inside it offers a light, airy and tranquil space in which to relax. Located just outside Torres del Paine National Park, this spa hotel offers a broad range of half and full day excursions, with no minimum group size.
Patagonia's original luxury lodge, Explora is nestled in the heart of Torres del Paine National Park and enjoys incredible views of the towers. Its location means access to key areas in the park couldn’t be easier and it boasts its own waterfall, stables, and boat for direct access to the French Valley trailhead.
The three main luxury lodges each have their own unique advantages. Before picking one, consider the sort of excursions you're interested in, how far you are willing to travel for them, the sort of atmosphere you'd enjoy and how important food/drink is to you.
Help me choose
Here are some of the highlights of the luxury lodges to help you decide where to stay.
- You have your own private guide for all of your excursions so it's perfect for those looking for a really tailored itinerary
- Staying in private cabins adds to the exclusivity of the experience
- Based in its own private reserve to the east of the park, its remote location takes you away from crowds
- Being a Relais and Chateaux property, the cuisine is of the highest standard
- Its central location in the park makes it the closest to the most popular hikes, with short travel distances to each
- It has the greatest choice of group excursion options per day
- The horse riding is fantastic as the hotel has its own stables and estancia
- Open all year round, the hotel offers a winter program
- The hotel has its own catamaran which means there is more flexibility for getting to some of the popular trailheads
- From its quieter location to the east of the park, you get fantastic views of the Paine Massif and over Lake Sarmiento, as well as a real sense of Patagonian remoteness
- The spa facilities are excellent and provide ultimate relaxation at the end of a day's hiking
- The food is some of the best in the region
- Social communal areas make it great for family and friends
Trips where you can stay in Luxury Lodges
One of the things I love most about the luxury lodges in Paine is the way that they allow you to get right in the thick of things during the day, exploring the most famous trails and highlights of the park, but also to escape the hustle and bustle in the evening.
Chloe O'Keeffe Patagonia Specialist
Ways to explore Torres del Paine
Hiking in Torres del Paine
World famous trekking awaits in Torres del Paine National Park. Each valley, peak and pass hides its own treasures, be it hanging glaciers, vast pampas, twisted metamorphic rock or…
Kayaking in Torres del Paine
Venture onto Torres del Paine's waterways and you will drift through some of the quietest, wildest and most secluded areas of the national park. From beginners to experienced …
Horse Riding in Torres del Paine
Day rides or longer treks that explore the pampas with the gauchos, head up to glaciers or follow trails through the Cordillera Paine with its mile-high granite peaks.
Multi-Sport in Torres del Paine
Torres del Paine's wild and rugged landscape calls out to adventurous souls. Ice hike on a glacier, ride a horse across open pampa, kayak down secluded rivers or across …
Torres del Paine Hotels
Torres del Paine National Park has a large range of accommodation to choose from. Stay at a refugios or campsites for a fun and traditional trek experience. Escape to a luxury lodge for tranquillity and incredible views across the park or gaze up at the stars from your yurt/dome.