Who are private tours for?
If you want a personalised, tailormade trip to Patagonia, designed by our Patagonia specialists to make the most out of your time in Patagonia, then a private tour might be for you. Our private tours are designed for people who:
- Have ten days to three weeks available for travelling in Chile and/or Argentina.
- Are experiencing Patagonia for the first time.
- Want expert advice to help them create the ultimate travel experience based on the unmissable highlights in each region.
- Want the flexibility to tailor-make and craft their own itinerary by focusing on those regions which most interest them.
- Want 24/7 support from the Swoop team. Night or day, if you need us during your trip, we'll be there.
Designing your private tour
How to plan and book your trip
- Choose one of our most popular 2-3 week itineraries from the bottom of this page.
- Select your favourite trips from the regional carousels below and piece them together like building blocks to create your perfect itinerary.
- Call or email us to so that we can discuss your plans and help you create your ideal holiday.
Our top types of tour
Personalised trekking trip
A recommendation for experienced and independent-minded trekkers, hike the top routes in both Chile and Argentina. Without a guide, this is best for couples and small groups looking to appreciate the Patagonian wilderness with economy and independence.
Our top tips are to combine the W Trek of Torres del Paine, with a visit to the Perito Moreno Glacier and three great days of hiking in Los Glaciares National Park. English-speaking guides will support you every step of the way.
Feeling adventurous? Ask us about adding on a day's kayaking or ice hiking, some of our top activities in Patagonia!
Tailormade luxury holidays
Patagonia's luxury accommodation scene has blossomed in recent years, and even the wildest more remote places often have a secluded luxury lodge nestled into the scenery. Perfect for honeymoons, anniversaries, and seekers of that once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Your trip might take you to highlights or off-the-beaten-track escapes, all with top guides and private transportation so you can just sit back and soak up your surroundings. Whether your 'wow' factor comes from whale watching in Peninsula Valdes, a cruise along the fjords of Tierra del Fuego, or a helicopter flight over the Lake District, ask us how to add magic dust to make your trip spectacular.
You know the scenery isn't going to disappoint, so for me it's the little touches that make the big difference. A phenomenal fishing guide, a secret off-the-beaten track hike, a boutique hotel with a rooftop bar and private hot tub. These are the things that make a trip unforgettable.
Peter StanleyJones Patagonia Specialist
Our top ideas for 2-3 week sightseeing holidays
Combine four of Argentina’s most contrasting landscapes: the bustling capital of Buenos Aires, the famous peaks and glaciers of Los Glaciares National Park, the captivating whales, penguins and elephant seals of Peninsula Valdes, and the lush rainforest and crashing falls…
Experience four of Chile’s most dramatically contrasting landscapes: the hustle and bustle of the city; verdant forests, glistening lakes and smoking volcanoes; iconic peaks and electric blue glaciers; and vast desert with erupting geysers, high altitude lagoons and salt…
Highlights of Patagonia and beyond
- Mountains: Andean volcanoes, grasslands, forests and glaciers clad the world’s longest mountain range. Discover Torres del Paine and Los Glaciares.
- Multi-activity: A wilderness playground for hiking and adventure sports. Discover Aysen and the Lake Districts.
- Wildlife: Pumas, guanacos, rhias, condors, penguins, orcas and whales are but a few species in this region’s rich tapestry of fauna. Discover Peninsula Valdes.
- Desert: The otherworldly Atacama desert offers clear skies, lunar landscapes, salt flats and geysers. Discover Atacama.
- Culture: Enjoy a vibrant mix of immigrant cultures mixed with indigenous Mapuche influences. Discover Tierra del Fuego.
- Wine regions: Since New World wines burst onto the scene in the late 20th century, Chile and Argentina have been at the forefront of the revolution. Discover the the winelands..
How can Swoop Patagonia help you?
Explore the different landscapes of the Patagonian Andes. Challenge your body and mind amongst some of the world's most dramatic peaks and glaciers.
See Patagonia your way, in your time. We'll introduce you to Swoop's guides and partners across the region and will help you make the most of your budget.
Leave the well-trodden trails behind and discover true wilderness, with expert local guides, unique lodging and off-the-beaten-track experiences.
Our network of guides will ensure you have the local knowledge, technical expertise and equipment you need for that specialist adventure.
Join like-minded people on a 1-4 week journey across Patagonia, a cheaper way to see the most popular places in the region.
How can Swoop Patagonia help you?
There are so many different ways to experience Patagonia. Swoop has helped over 5,000 people plan and arrange their trip to Patagonia and almost every itinerary has been different.