Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- You'll navigate through the Gabriel Channel, south coast of Dawson Island to Almirantazgo Sound, in the heart of the Island of Tierra del Fuego
- Venture ashore to view the colony of sea elephants in Jackson Bay
- Enjoy the scenery offered by the Darwin Cordillera, Parry Glacier and Pia Glacier
Day 1: Punta Carrera - Caleta Maria
15:00 Hrs. Land transfer will take you from the city of Punta Arenas to the embarking destination in Punta Carrera (Km 50 South). Then you're ready to begin your adventure. You'll navigate to Almirantazgo Sound, in the heart of the Island of Tierra del Fuego. Your route takes you through the Gabriel Channel, south coast of Dawson Island.
Day 2: Caleta Maria
After 12 hours of sailing you can go ashore to view the colony of sea elephants existing in Jackson Bay as likewise make some walks in the vicinity of the Caleta. Subsequently, the FORREST will enter the Parry Fjord for a night in one of its sheltered bays.
Day 3: Parry Fjord
Early in the morning you'll sail into the fjord and enjoy the scenery offered by the Darwin Cordillera, which shows the peaks of these coasts in all their special beauty. Once inside the fjord if ice conditions permit, you'll arrive at the foot of Parry Glacier. On site and on board the boat landing, you will go to one of the most beautiful glaciers of Tierra del Fuego.
In the background you can enjoy the magnificent view of the summit of Darwin Mount on the other side of the range, and less than 10 Km., the shores of the Beagle Channel, in the Pia Glacier. Later, during the day, you will visit other glaciers existing in the area slithering between towering peaks ,that make one of the most attractive in the Fuegian geography.
Day 4: Parry - Punta Carrera
At dawn, the FORREST start the journey back to your starting point, where you will be landing after more than 13 hours of sailing, at around 16:00 hrs, for the final transfer to the city of Punta Arenas.
About The Ship
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
* Note: Prices are per person. Paid in USD ($) - figure above is based on today's exchange rate. Actual cost $1400
Please note that the prices shown are for cabins with shared bathrooms, the price for private bathrooms is $2,400 per person (Double) or $1,600 per person (Quadruple).
- Transfer at boarding place (50 km south)
- Guide on board - Spanish / English
- Full Board
- Wines and open bar
- Personal expenses and equipment
- Travel insurance
- Any visa, passport and vaccination expenses