Why We Like This Ship
- Not your typical “cruise ship” - a luxurious vessel that is small enough to get into hidden corners of the fjords
- Excellent service & fine wining / dining
- Highly knowledgeable expedition leaders
- Comfortable lounges and spacious cabins to relax in after a day's exploring
- Zodiac boat excursions to remote, uninhabited locations
- Excursions to suit all abilities/ adventure levels
Stella Australis cruises combine very well with with some time hiking based from a luxury Lodge in Torres del Paine National Park before or after after (depending on the route you choose).
Voyages aboard the Stella Australis
What our customers think
Truly, 100%, the service on board was unlike anything I have ever experienced. Combined with the other guests, it make for truly a once in a lifetime experience.
Stephani Dalbesio United States Of America December 2018
The boat was very nice. We felt there was no reason to pay extra for the large-window rooms as we spent very little time in the room. They had an open bridge policy so you could knock and go in almost anytime! How cool!
Mindy De Hooge United States Of America December 2018
Obviously not many people can say that they visited Cape Horn on a near-perfect weather day. We did and it was exceptional. Zodiac excursions were carried out with utmost passenger safety foremost. Guides were very safety conscious and provided accurate information on every excursion. They were friendly and very helpful. Food quality was good and plentiful with good service provided both in the dining room and the cabins.
Peter Australia October 2017
This was the highlight of the trip. The scenery, wildlife & remoteness of the area was fabulous. Everything about the cruise on the Stella Australis was amazing. The guides were all great.
Carole UK November 2017
The Stella Australis was wonderful, as were the crew, above and beyond expectations. The Glaciers were amazing. The scenery was breath-taking and memorising.
Chris and Nikki January 2017
The Stella Australis cruise was brilliant and very luxurious with plenty of time ashore.
Brian December 2016
Our fellow travellers tended to be interesting characters with a wish to see as much as they could. The crew were excellent in all the varied roles from expedition guide to chef and waiter.
Colin UK February 2017
We were so happy that we were able to disembark onto Cape Horn. The hike to the Aguila Glacier was great as was Magdalena Island.
Ellen USA February 2017
There are 100 cabins aboard the Stella Australis, each offers a picture window with panoramic view and private bathroom as well as individually controlled heating, radios, life jackets, hair dryers and safe-deposit boxes.
Standard cabins (B, A, AA and AAA) measure 16.5 metres square.
Superior cabins (AAS, AAAS) measure 20.5 metres square.
The five different types are detailed below...
AAA Superior (2)
- Wonderfully spacious and airy, measuring 220 square feet in size, with ample room for storage and relaxation.
- Well positioned for access to the Sky Lounge and Darwin Lounge
- The best view on board, due to their height on the ship, and the huge floor to ceiling picture window.
- Large king sized beds measuring 1.8m x 1.98m.
A Cabins (34) & B Cabins (3)
- Spacious cabins measuring 178 square feet.
- Slightly smaller windows on this deck measuring 1.45m x 1.20m.
- Standard-size twin (1.05m x 1.90m) or double beds. (1.60m x 1.90m)
- B cabins are on the low deck with slightly less panoramic view than the A cabins and the prices reflect this.
- If you are planning a year in advance you might be lucky enough to secure one of these.
I visited stunning glaciers and remote islands that are largely inaccessible and untouched by humans, as well as getting to land on Cape Horn. Getting up close to a large colony of Magellanic penguins was one of the wildlife highlights of this trip, closely followed by three separate humpback whale sightings.
Chloe O'Keeffe Patagonia Specialist
Types of Patagonia Adventure Cruises
Patagonia's coastlines are teeming with wildlife activity, and the best way to immerse yourself in the action and capture some incredible photos is by cruise or boat. Choose from …
Whale Watching in Patagonia
The waters around Patagonia are home to four types of whales: the orca, humpback, southern right and the blue whale. There are a number of dedicated whale watching cruises and boat…
Patagonia is famous for its many glaciers, and some of the most interesting and stunning can only be accessed from the water, by boat. The wild and remote scenery will make you …
Cape Horn Cruises
As the southern most tip of South America, and a landmark steeped in history and mystery, Cape Horn is a destination high on many a traveller's bucket list, and an adventure cruise…