Finding the Right Antarctic Experience for You
There are many ways that you can explore Antarctica from Patagonia. The length of time you would like to spend away usually dictates how far south you can go and how long you can spend at each place of interest.
- Most trips will involve voyaging on a cruise ship.
- You can also fly to Antarctica.
- If you have the time and budget try an extended Antarctic cruise.
- If you're visiting Ushuaia and are looking for a short visit to Antarctica, take a look at our express trips.
Here at Swoop, we understand that everyone has different goals and desires so we're confident that we can find the right Antarctic trip for you.
Where to go in the Antarctic
Extended or Express Cruise?
The classic way to see Antarctica is on an 11-12 day voyage from Ushuaia to the Antarctic Peninsula. You will have plenty of time to explore the channels and icebergs as well as boarding small Zodiac boats to visit penguin colonies.
It is possible to journey further south towards the Polar Circle, particularly in the height of summer when the ice has melted sufficiently. Few people have the opportunity to venture this far.
A truly remarkable voyage of up to 21 days takes in South Georgia and the Falkland Islands which offers even more diverse wildlife and unique landscapes.
Our sister company, Swoop Antarctica, specialise in providing a variety of Antarctic adventures and they will be very happy to help you arrange your adventure.
Express Cruises offer you the chance to get onto the Antarctic Ice without needing to commit to a traditional 11-day voyage. On an Express Cruise, you will spend between 1-3 nights in Antarctica. Perfect if you want to visit Antarctica as an add-on to Patagonia and tick it off your bucket list. Here are some different options:
- Antarctica and Torres del Paine National Park - Sail all the way to King George Island before catching a flight back to Patagonia to enjoy trekking, kayaking or mountain biking
- Antartica and Navarino Island - Fly to King George Island and spend the day exploring Antarctica. Spend the rest of the trip discovering Navarino Island, the Beagle Channel and Cape Horn from a remote lodge
- Express Cruise Only- If you just want to visit Antarctica and you're on a time constraint then this is the trip for you. Sail there and fly back.
- Private flight - A two-day flight to Antarctica if you really are short of time
Find the Right Express Trip for you
Similar Experiences to Antarctica
We appreciate that cruises in Antarctica are expensive and for many, they are a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
If your budget can't quite stretch as far as Antarctica, we offer some similar and perhaps more affordable experiences in Patagonia. Here you can join a number of different adventure cruises which sail along its dramatic coastline, through its fjords and up to its glaciers.