What is glamping in Torres del Paine?
If you want to experience glamping in Patagonia, Torres del Paine's eco-friendly camps are some of the most luxurious and characterful you can find. Nestled amongst the trees, with beautiful views, comfortable beds and tasty meals, these accommodations provide a quirky alternative to a regular hotel, refugio or campsite, whilst being more affordable than the luxury lodges in the park.
There are two main camps in Torres del Paine, and although there are many similarities between them, there are some clear differences as well. The information below should help you get a feel for which one is right for you.
Where can I go glamping?
Situated just outside the national park with spectacular views across Lago Toro to the Paine massif, these beautifully-finished yurts allow you to feel at one with nature in a tranquil setting. Explore the private land, finding the less trodden path and an abundance of birds amongst the trees.
Stay in your own cosy geodesic dome between the trees, with stunning sunset views of the towers. A relaxed, sociable atmosphere provides a great place to stay after a day's hiking in the park. Use the camp as a base for trekking, horse riding and puma tracking. Stay in comfort, and because each building is an eco lodge, you'll know you are having minimal impact on this amazing landscape.
What our customers think
EcoCamp was great, so unique and beautiful views- we LOVED it, it was awesome.
Karen November 2014
Patagonia Camp exceeded all our expectations. We had the nearest yurt to the lake with distant views of the Horns.
Ian & Sue December 2014
Help me choose
Here are some of the key differences between the camps to help you decide between the two.
- Located in the park within walking distance of the trailhead of the Base of the Towers trek
- Three excursions to choose from each day
- Option to take a multi-day hike on the W or Full Circuit trail with some of the nights at the camp and a few in refugios
- Dedicated puma programmes for wildlife enthusiasts
- Yoga classes and massage treatments available
- More of a youthful, communal atmosphere; you have dinner with your group from the day's excursion
- Particularly committed to being eco-friendly, with many measures to reduce its impact on the park
- Located just south of the park on the shores of Lake Toro
- Four or five excursions to choose from each day
- Greater variety of off-the-beaten-track excursions
- Option to do private excursions
- Paddleboarding, kayaking and fishing can be done independently at the lake
- An on-site traditional quincho where they put on a weekly barbecue with wine tasting
- Refined yet friendly atmosphere, great for those wanting a bit more privacy
It's a real treat coming back to such a quirky, comfortable base at the end of a hard day's trekking. The wood burning stoves make the domes/yurts super cosy, and being able to fall asleep looking at the stars and wake up to see the sunrise over amazing views is really special
Chloe O'Keeffe Patagonia Specialist
Go glamping in Torres del Paine
A gentle-paced W-Trek for peace- and nature-lovers: based in a secluded, all-inclusive camp of luxury yurts, you'll wake up each morning in a forest over-looking Lago Toro before journeying through breath-taking scenery to complete the world famous W-Trek. Looked after…
Other ways to explore Torres del Paine
Hiking in Torres del Paine
World famous trekking awaits in Torres del Paine National Park. Each valley, peak and pass hides its own treasures, be it hanging glaciers, vast pampas, twisted metamorphic rock or…
Kayaking in Torres del Paine
Venture onto Torres del Paine's waterways and you will drift through some of the quietest, wildest and most secluded areas of the national park. From beginners to experienced …
Horse Riding in Torres del Paine
Day rides or longer treks that explore the pampas with the gauchos, head up to glaciers or follow trails through the Cordillera Paine with its mile-high granite peaks.
Multi-Sport in Torres del Paine
Torres del Paine's wild and rugged landscape calls out to adventurous souls. Whether you choose to ice hike on a glacier, horseback ride across open pampa, kayak down secluded …
Torres del Paine Hotels
Torres del Paine National Park has a large range of accommodation to choose from. Stay at a refugios or campsites for a fun and traditional trek experience. Escape to a luxury lodge for tranquillity and incredible views across the park or gaze up at the stars from your yurt/dome.