Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- Ride through lake lands with views of Paine massif
- Ride through forests along Serrano River, staying overnight overlooking Serrano Glacier
- Explore Serrano Glacier before navigating the river & its icebergs back to Puerto Natales
Landmarks visited on The Fjord Trail
Day 1: Crossing the Serrano River
We meet at noon at the park administration; from here we'll take a private transfer, crossing the Serrano River and arriving at Aniceto Astorga's farmhouse. There we'll choose our horses to begin a ride to an unexplored valley at the border of Torres Del Paine national park. We cross several rivers and go through a landscape filled with lakes and wetlands, constantly being surprised by the changing views of the Paine massif and the last glaciers of the Southern Ice Field. We'll spend the night here after setting up camp on the shores of Lake Brush.
Length of excursion: 10 minutes transfer, 4 hours walking and trotting
Meals: Packed lunch, BBQ
Accommodation: Lake Brush Campsite
Day 2: Serrano River
After a hearty breakfast, we continue to Bernardo O'Higgins national park. This trail takes us through humid forests, similar to those of the austral canals, following the Serrano River until it empties into the Last Hope Sound, where we spend the night in the Hosteria Balmaceda with an amazing view of the Serrano glacier.
Length of ride: 5 hours, walking
Meals: Breakfast, packed lunch, dinner
Accommodation: Hosteria Balmaceda
Day 3: Serrano Glacier
We'll begin the day by crossing the river into the Seno de Ultima Esperanza, facing the imposing Serrano glacier at the foot of the Balmaceda Mountain (2148m). Here we make a short easy walk up to the glacier. We'll then take a boat, the cutter, 21 de Mayo navigating via glaciers and canals on our way down to Puerto Natales.
Length of excursion: 45 min walk, 3 hours by boat
Meals: Breakfast, BBQ
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Departures can be set up for a minimum of 2 people. Please get in touch for more details. Price of $100 single supplement.
This trip can run as a group trip, with prices starting from $1,395 per person for a complete group. If you are looking to join a group or you are a solo traveller we will help to form likeminded groups of travellers. Please let us know your travel plans.
The trip can also run on a private basis to fit around your plans. Departures may be tailored and can be set up on a date of your choice. Please note that there is a higher price for smaller groups. Please enquire for further details.
Price of USD $1,395 per person is based on a group of 2-3 people
Price of USD $1,195 per person is based on a group of 4-8 people
Single supplement price of USD $ 100
- All private transport indicated in the itinerary
- All horses, saddles and packhorses
- Helmets, Leather chaps, leather gloves, saddle bags, dry bags
- All meals indicated in the schedule (B: breakfast, BL: picnic lunch, L: lunch, D: dinner , BBQ: barbecue)
- One night camping (North Face VE 25 tents, double occupancy basis)
- One night in mountain lodge (Twin standard rooms)
- Entrance fee to Bernardo O'Higgins National Park
- Guide (English-Spanish languages), plus a Baqueano (local cowboy)
- Navigation from Monte Balmaceda to Puerto Natales
- Any additional nights
- Medical expenses
- Insurance of any kind
- Personal expenses
- Sleeping bag and mattress
- Alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks at the Hoster?a Balmaceda
- Gratuities for Guide and baqueano