Perito Moreno Glacier
Perito Moreno is arguably the most famous glacier in Patagonia, and for good reason. Winding for 20 miles down from the Southern Patagonian Ice Cap, it is a truly enormous glacier. Moreover, it is one of only a handful of advancing glaciers in the world, growing by approximately 2 metres per day.
Where is it?
- Perito Moreno glacier lies in Los Glaciares National Park ("Glaciers National Park") in Argentinian Patagonia
- 80km from El Calafate, which has one of Patagonia's largest airports
How to see it:
- You can visit visit Perito Moreno in all sorts of ways, whether from the comfort of its viewing platforms or on a more adventurous ice-hike on the glacier itself
- A popular destination for travellers, it is served by the hotels of El Chalten and the airport in El Calafate
- Incorporate it into a broader exploration of Los Glaciares and Patagonia
Photos of Perito Moreno Glacier
Map of Perito Moreno Glacier