Perito Moreno Glacier
Perito Moreno is arguably the most famous glacier in Patagonia, and for good reason. Winding for 20 miles down from the Southern Patagonian Ice Cap, it is a truly enormous glacier. Moreover, it is one of only a handful of advancing glaciers in the world, growing by approximately 2 metres per day.
Where is it?
- Perito Moreno glacier lies in Los Glaciares National Park ("Glaciers National Park") in Argentinian Patagonia
- 80km from El Calafate, which has one of Patagonia's largest airports
How to see it:
- You can visit visit Perito Moreno in all sorts of ways, whether from the comfort of its viewing platforms or on a more adventurous ice-hike on the glacier itself
- A popular destination for travellers, it is served by the hotels of El Chalten and the airport in El Calafate
- Incorporate it into a broader exploration of Los Glaciares and Patagonia
Photos of Perito Moreno Glacier
Map of Perito Moreno Glacier
Trips that visit Perito Moreno Glacier
Combine four of Argentina’s most contrasting landscapes: the bustling capital of Buenos Aires, the famous peaks and glaciers of Los Glaciares National Park, the captivating whales, penguins and elephant seals of Peninsula Valdes, and the lush rainforest and crashing falls…