Trip Summary and Itinerary Map
- A three-day camping excursion across the Andes mountains and through native forests
- Upon arrival, meet your horse and then tuck into a traditional Argentinian BBQ
- You'll be riding on varied terrain from steep mountain trails, to flat water-meadows and rocky hillsides
- Balance three nights camping in nature with two nights in a mountain cabin by Lake Lolog
- Option to upgrade your fifth night's accommodation, staying in the peaceful Alpine style town of San Martín de los Andes
Day 1: Meet your horse and feast on asado!
Riding Duration: 2 hours
Arrive in San Martín de los Andes. During the afternoon, you will go on a gentle ride, getting to know the horses, as they will become your best friends over the next 6 days.
When you get back to your mountain cabin, drinks and a home cooked dinner will be waiting for you. A typical meal might include a traditional asado (Argentinian BBQ), fresh river trout, stews as well as grilled vegetables. And don't forget some Argentinian wine!
Accommodation: Mountain Cabin in Lolog
Days 2-4: Camping ride
Riding Duration: 6-8 hours (on each day of the camping expedition)
After breakfast at the mountain cabin, set off on a 3-night camping ride into indigenous forests, stopping at wonderful viewpoints and spending time relaxing by ice cold rivers. You'll be riding on varied terrain from steep mountain trails, flat water-meadows to rocky hillsides. You will stop for a picnic lunch of homemade bread, cheese, cold meats and fruit. There's no rush so you can enjoy a short siesta before continuing to your first campsite.
Dinner will be cooked over an open fire, gazing up at the night sky whilst exchanging stories.
Meals: Breakfast, lunch, dinner
Day 5: Ride to Lolog
Today you will ride back to base camp, leaving behind many good memories of a lovely time spent in the wilderness. You'll have a farewell dinner and you can choose to spend the night at the cabin or you can book into a hotel in San Martin de los Andes.
Meals: Breakfast, lunch, dinner
Accommodation: Mountain Cabin in Lolog (Upgrade to hotel upon request)
Day 6: Explore/final ride then departure
During the morning you can go shopping in San Martín de los Andes or you can take a last morning ride. Then, say goodbye to your guides and continue on the rest of your trip!
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
This trip can run as a group trip, with prices starting from $2,000 per person for a complete group. If you are looking to join a group or you are a solo traveller we will help to form likeminded groups of travellers. Please let us know your travel plans.
The trip can also run on a private basis to fit around your plans. Departures may be tailored and can be set up on a date of your choice. Please note that there is a higher price for smaller groups. Please enquire for further details.
- Meals: 3 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners
- Accommodation: 7 nights in hotels/ a hostel
- All necessary camping gear including sleeping bag
- All necessary riding equipment
- Ponchos, half-chaps, saddlebags
- Bilingual guide
- Meals not indicated in itinerary
- Any extra/optional excursions
- Personal expenses and equipment
- Travel insurance
- Any visa, passport and vaccination expenses
- International and domestic/in country flights